Hawaiian airlines customers have the opportunity to cancel their flight for free within 24 hours of their original booking. So, if you have withdrawn your travel plans, you must be looking forwards to canceling your flight. If yes, Hawaiian Airlines Cancellation Policy will guide you better.
Hawaiian Airlines is one of the biggest flight operators from and to the United States of Hawaii. It ensures the quality of its service for each and every trip. Also, it is easy for customers to modify, change or even cancel their itinerary with Hawaiian Airlines.
However, you must know well about the flight change policy of Hawaiian airlines. So, stay tuned with this blog till the end if you have to learn about how to cancel a Hawaiian airlines flight.
What is Hawaiian Airlines Cancellation Policy?
Before any customer directly hops on to the process to change to flight with Hawaiian, they must learn about its policy. So, as per the Hawaiian airline cancellation policy:
- The airline will cancel your flight ticket only if you have not been involved with any third party at the time of Hawaiian flight booking.
- The airline does not refund any tickets once it has crossed the expiry date.
- You will get a refund if the airline has delayed the flight for 2 hours or more.
- Moreover, you will receive a refund if your lights get canceled from Hawaiian airlines’ end.
Apart from the above-mentioned points, you have 24 hours rule for flight cancellation.
Hawaiian Airlines 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
As per Hawaiian airline’s 24-hour cancellation policy, you can cancel your flight for free. Read the following points:
- If the customer ensures that at least 7 days or more are left during the flight departure time.
- Also, cancel your ticket within 24 hours get over from the point of the original flight departure; you do not have to pay any charges.
- With the two above-mentioned points, even the non-refundable Hawaiian flights can is canceled for free.
- If you have booked your flight using your travel credit, then you cannot cancel your flight under Hawaiian airlines’ 24 hours flight cancellation policy.
Therefore, this was all bout the flight cancellation guidelines of Hawaiian airlines. You can contact Hawaiian airline’s customer service team for more details.
Methods to Cancel Your Hawaiian Flight:
If you are thinking about how to cancel your Hawaiian flight, you can visit the manage booking section of Hawaiian airlines. If not, you can directly talk to the airline over the phone for Hawaiian flight cancellation.
Hawaiian Airline Flight Cancellation Over a Call:
- Dial the Hawaiian airline’s flight cancellation number 1-800-367-5320 or 1-860-370-4608 if you wish to cancel your Hawaiian flight quickly without paying any extra charges.
- Then, you have to listen to the IVR options to select your preferred language.
- Once you are able to speak to the Live agent at Hawaiian airlines, you have to provide your flight details.
- After that, the airline agent will perform the necessary steps for flight cancellation.
Hawaiian Airlines Online Fight Cancellation:
- Go to Hawaiian airline’s official site.
- Then visit the manage booking section.
- After that, you have to enter the flight details as asked.
- The customer needs to enter the last name of the passenger and the flight booking number.
- Then, click on “view my trip.”
- Once you are able to see your trip, you can cancel your flight by following the onscreen instructions.
However, if you still face any difficulty while canceling your tickets, you can contact the customer service team of Hawaiian airlines.
When do Hawaiian Airlines Cancel Flights?
No matter if you have flight ticket confirmation with Hawaiian airlines, the airline can still cancel the flight due to the following reasons:
- If the government has issued any orders regarding flight cancellation.
- Also, if you have failed to buy the ticket at least 120 minutes before the scheduled departure, the airline might cancel your flight.
- Moreover, even if you have bought the ticket prior enough, you have failed to
- At least 45 minutes prior to flights flying between the United States and Hawaii
- At least 30 minutes before the flight, completely within the state of Hawaii.
Therefore, if you fall into any of the above categories, your Hawaiian airlines flight might get canceled from the
What is the Hawaiian Airlines Flight Cancellation Fee?
As per the flight cancellation policy of Hawaiian airlines, here is the complete overview of the Hawaiian airline flight cancellation fee and charges:
- If you had to travel within the United States and you have canceled the flight, you need to pay USD 100.
- On the other hand, if you were to fly between Hawaii and the United States, you would need to pay USD 25.
- And the customers need to pay USD 25 to cancel the Hawaii flight.
- Flights cancellations departing from the United States and arriving in Japan will cost you 200 USD as cancellation charges.
- Furthermore, if your flight originates from Korea, it would cost you 250 USD if you cancel it.
- Moreover, if your flight originates from Australia, you need to pay USD 200 if you cancel it.
If you want to know more about the flight cancellation fee, then you can dial our customer service phone number. You can even reach out to us if you are facing issues in the Hawaiian airline’s flight cancelation process.
Why does Hawaiian Airlines Cancel Flights?
Cancellation of a flight can pause your travel thrill. However, sometimes situations arise that are not in our control. At that time, it is important to be aware of the reasons behind flight cancellations. Therefore, here are some situations that may cause a flight cancellation to occur.
Bad Weather Conditions
Some factors are completely out of our control, and Bad weather is one of them. Operating flights in bad weather like thunderstorms and zero visibility, troubles in flight take-off and landing. If you want to avoid canceling Hawaiian Airlines flights, check weather conditions before booking.
Shortage of Crew Members
Crew members are the core of running flight operations efficiently. Therefore, a shortage of pilots, technical crew, and cabin crew can result in flight cancellations in Hawaiian Airlines. On the other hand, the reason for the shortage could be anything like
- A problem in crew scheduling
- Crew is tired to the extent that it can be a threat to flight operation
- Inevitable health issue
- Any other unforeseen situation
Air Traffic Control(ATC) limitations
Air traffic control service is an inevitable part of flight operations. Airlines manage air traffic and prevent aircraft collisions through ATC, which also manages the flow of air traffic communication and offers information to pilots.
Hawaiian Airlines can cancel a flight if any mechanical issue arises, and it can hamper the safe operation of an aircraft. However, Mechanical issues can include things like
- An issue in turbofan engines
- Problematic sensors
- Landing gear needs service
- Problems with internal equipment, etc.
Any airline prioritizes passenger safety. Therefore, there are times when sudden life-threatening situations, including terrorist attacks, riots, etc, may arise at the airport. In those situations, minding passenger safety, airlines must cancel the flight.
Shortage of Passengers
Airlines work for the convenience of passengers. However, to run an aircraft, airlines need a minimum number of passengers. If there are not enough passengers, the airline can consider canceling flights.
Workers on strike are a common situation in the airline industry. The reason can be anything, such as low salary, time management, work culture, and so on. Ultimately, airlines are bound to close flight operations and cancel flights.
Change in Government Regulations
Every airline needs to follow government-issued guidelines. However, the government occasionally changes its rules and regulations. These changes may include travel restrictions, air traffic control restrictions, changes in government, and other political situations. Hence, in such a situation, airlines need to cancel a flight.
We have indeed advanced technology to assess calamities; still, some of them are out of our control. Therefore, situations like volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, tsunamis, cyclones, etc., can disrupt airline operations.
A bird strike occurs when an airborne animal accidentally hits an airplane. Although the number of human casualties due to bird strikes is very few, the collision can still damage the aircraft. However, most of the collisions result in the death of birds.
How Do You Talk to a Live Person from Hawaiian Airlines about Flight Cancellation?
If you booked a flight ticket with Hawaiian Airlines and want to know how to cancel it? Do you want to talk to a live person about Hawaiian Airlines flight cancellation? Here are multiple ways to do so:
Connect Via the Live Chat Option
The first and foremost way to talk to a live person at Hawaiian Airlines is calling. However, if a passenger is not comfortable to call, then the passenger can use the live chat option on the official website- https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/contact-us.
Steps to connect via Chat
- Visit official website
- Select the live chat option
- Choose your concern from the available options
- Share the information, including booking ID, name, etc, to talk to a representative.
- Get a solution for your query.
Contact Via Text
Hawaiian Airlines also offers customer service via text message. If you have a question, you can send a text message to 38285 between 5 am and 11 pm HST.
Standard charges may apply as per your mobile career.
Contact via Phone Number
If you are not satisfied with the above customer service, you can contact Hawaiian Airlines via phone number and talk to a live person directly
- For general queries-: Call on 1-800-367-5320
- For guests with hearing or speech disabilities-: please dial 711 for telecommunications relay services
Contact via Email
Besides the above option, Hawaiian Airlines provides an option to contact via Email. Here are the steps that the Passenger needs to follow:
- Visit the official website-https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/
- Click on contact us
- Scroll down and click on Email
- Click on Ask a Question or on other available options
- Please fill out the form and submit it
Contact via “Write to us”.
Last but not least, Hawaiian Airlines also provides a “write to us” option. Hence, passengers can send a post on
Postal address-: Hawaiian Airlines, PO Box 30008, Honolulu, HI 96820
Hawaiian Airlines Refund Policy
According to Hawaiian Airlines’ refund policy, all tickets are fully refundable, if passengers cancel it within 24 hours of reservation, and departure is within 7 days.
Refunds are allowed in the following situation.
- When Passengers refuse to travel due to reasons mentioned in Hawaiian Airlines Rule 12(acceptance of children and Infant), Rule 13 (Refusal to transport), and Rule 21(flight delays, changes, cancellations, and aircraft changes)
- Passenger surrenders its unutilized ticket to Hawaiian Airlines.
- The passenger canceled the ticket due to unavoidable reasons.
Refundable Amount for Involuntary Ticket
- If passengers do not use any part of their ticket, they will receive a refund for the basic fare and charges on the original ticket.
- On the other hand, if passengers use the ticket partially, then they get a refund of the basic fare and charges after the deduction of the fare and charges applicable to the used ticket.
But the above conditions have some exceptions, and those are the following.
- Passengers are not refunded if the destination mentioned in the ticket is different from where the passenger flight terminates.
- Hawaiian Airlines does not refund the passenger ticket, and a default carrier issues the transfer documents.
Refundable Amount for Voluntary Ticket
- In this scenario, passengers get a refund if they have a ticket with the Hawaiian carrier’s code as the serial number.
- For unused tickets, passengers get a refund of the basic fare and applicable charges on the original ticket.
- For partially used tickets, passengers get a refund of the fare and applicable charges after deduction of the fare and charges applicable to the used ticket.
- Additionally, Hawaiian Airlines issues refunds within 7 working days if passengers use a credit card. If passengers use other modes of payment, like cash or a check, the refund may take up to 20 working days.
- In addition, passengers also get a refund if they choose to downgrade their seat. For more information, visit the official website of Hawaiian Airlines and read Rule 24.
Can I Get a Refund After the Hawaiian Airline’s Flight Cancellation?
According to the Hawaiian Airlines cancellation policy and its refund policy, customers can expect a refund in the following cases:
- If you have canceled your ticket within 24 hours of booking and there were 7 days or more left in the flight departure.
- Customers should make a refund request for a non-refundable flight on the booking day. Else, you will lose the refund.
- You need to wait for at least 10 for the refund to show in your source account.
If you are unable to see the refunded amount after 10 to 12 business days, then you must contact the airline.
What is Hawaiian Airlines Award Ticket Cancellation Policy?
An award ticket is one that a passenger purchases using miles collected under the frequent flyer program of a particular airline. The great benefit of booking an award ticket is it reduces or eliminates the amount of cash a passenger needs. However, what if a passenger wants to cancel the award ticket on Hawaiian Airlines?
On the other hand, passengers can not exchange or ask for a cash refund for an award flight. Therefore, if a passenger makes changes, including date, flight type, and name change, or asks for a refund, charges will apply as per fare rules.
In addition, if a passenger cancels a refundable award flight ticket within 24 hours of booking, then the passenger gets the miles equivalent to the ticket. On the other hand, if passengers cancel a non-refundable ticket within 24 hours of booking, they get the credit points back. However, if a passenger cancels after 24 hours, then the passenger must bear the cancellation fee.
Most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Hawaiian Airlines
How can I cancel my Hawaiian Airlines flight?
Visit my trip section on Hawaiian airline’s official site to cancel your ticket. You can even cancel yours by dialing Hawaiian airline’s flight booking number.
What if I cancel my Hawaiian Airlines flight? Can I get a refund?
According to Hawaiian airline’s 24 hours flight cancellation policy, you can get a refund for flight cancellation if you cancel your ticket within 24 hours of purchasing it.
Can you cancel a flight within 72 hours?
If you fail to cancel a non-refundable Hawaiian flight within 24 hours, you need to pay the cancellation fee.
Can you cancel a flight after it’s booked?
Yes, you can cancel or reschedule your Hawaiian flight. Although, you might need to pay the cancellation or the modifying fee.
Recent Posts On Hawaiian Airlines:-
- Hawaiian Airlines Change Flight Policy
- How Do I Speak To A Live Person At Hawaiian Airlines
- Can You Choose Your Seat on Hawaiian Airlines
- Hawaiian Airlines Manage Booking